Why I Stepped onto This Journey?

Why I Stepped onto This Journey?
If you are living in countries between tropical and subtropical zone, you probably haven’t seen snow in your life. And one of my childhood dreams is to see and touch snow in person. But that’s definitely not the only reason why I want to experience the life in Canada as an exchange student.
1.The desire of wanting to know more about Canada
As we all know, there are a lot of talented musical celebrities from Canada, such as Shawn Mendes, Justin Bieber, Alessia Cara, Avril Lavigne, Johnny Orlando, and so forth. Moreover, there are a lot of things attracting me before I actually went to Canada, for example, University of Toronto, Niagara Falls (one of the Seven Wonders) , CN Tower, and of course, friendly people there. But after I went to Canada, I realized Canada is way more than that.
2.Experience different education system
I'm a traditional Taiwanese student who go to school from 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., and keep studying after school just to get good grades and go to a good college. But, in my heart I've always known that I am so passionate about Western education system since students get to learn the things they love at school and do the things they love after school. They also have lots of working experiences because most of the students there have a part-time job. (These were the thoughts I had in mind before going to Canada. I'll tell you what the reality is and what I've seen and learned in the following blogs.)
3.Try something new
I'd never been to western countries before, I'd never lived on my own for such a long time (three weeks, I know it's not long for you, but it was quite long for me back then, however, when I was in Canada, I think it's so short because I LOVE CANADA SO FREAKING MUCH!!!), I'd never spoken English for three weeks straight, I'd never seen snow, I'd never lived in others' house, I'd never.... Isn't life is about trying different things? Why not just join in and step out of my comfort zone?
4.Improve my ability in the use of language
It is actually the hope of my dad. Of course, I want to improve my English speaking ability, but my main reason is try new things and experience different culture. To be honest, during these three weeks, I think I didn't improve my English speaking ability that much, but one thing I can surely say is that my affection towards learning English and learning different languages becomes stronger. Of course, that's because it's just three weeks! If you stay there for 2 months, I can assure you that your English speaking ability will definitely improve. I wish the program would be longer, but it wasn't. However, I am still grateful for what I'd learned in these three weeks.
5.Experience different culture and meet new people
I am so into traveling, meeting new people, emerging myself in different culture. I want to expand my knowledge and horizon about the world. Most importantly, I want to improve myself in various aspects, which are adaptability, social interaction, self development, independence, and self discipline. I can tell you the answer whether I improve or not in the following blogs:)
Conclusion
If you have a little single thought of wanting to pursue your dream, GO FOR IT, do not doubt about it. It is your heart that tells you your inner thoughts and what you truly want to do with your life. You'll never know what will happen next, so just go for it. You don't want to regret not doing the thing you truly want in the future, do you?

Comments

  1. Awesomeđź‘Ź
    honestly , i have also interest to go canada and pursue 11&12 high school , experience it.
    Hope after 1 year it may be.........

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First Day of School in Canada as an Exchange Student

Remembrance Day in Canada