First Day of School in Canada as an Exchange Student

Diary of the first day of school, after-school activity
School life
As an exchange student, what interests me most is the school life there. Today, the first day of school in Canada finally came. It surprised me that how different it is from the school life in Taiwan.

All the things are so amazing. The school starts from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. and 4 classes a day (Schools in Taiwan: 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. 8 classes a day.) 
I had fitness class, biology, math, and art. The fitness class is my most favorite class. (We don’t have fitness class in Taiwan.) I think it is important to have one in every school, so that students will be both physically and mentally stronger as well as healthier.

The second class was biology. I was amazed by the way of teaching and learning in class. We got a discussion sheet, so we went to the library to do some research and completed the whole paper through team work.

Time flew, as lunch time came, we went to the cafeteria to enjoy our lunch. I had never experienced lunch at cafeteria before because we usually have lunch in the classroom in Taiwan. I chose smash potato to be my lunch because I actually hadn't eaten it before lol. Life in the west is really different from that in the east.

Then I had math class. I was impressed that students are allowed to use calculators and their notebooks when having math tests. I think their aim is to let students understand how the formulas work and the theories behind them. 

Our last class is art class. I created my own art folder. My new friend took me to the library, which is a comfortable place to stay at, to do some drawing.

After school, I took a school bus home. I've never taken a yellow school bus before!! This is as cool as those I've seen on the movies. The funny thing is that there were only 3 students on the bus. The friendly student who accompanied me talked to a boy behind me on the bus. Their conversations were so funny. At first, I listened to the conversation then I joined it. I genuinely had a great day today and I learned so much at school.
After-school activities
It was just me, my host aunt, and a baby at home. I walked the dogs and played with them first. It’s so nice spending time outside after school when it is a sunny day. When I was walking these three dogs, Holy, Molly, and Abby, I saw two cattle near my house. What makes me sad is that they are going to be sent to the butcher, and I know I’m going to miss them.
This was my first time to experience running with the dogs on the big garden happily after school. The environment was so relaxing and cheerful.

After supper, my host family and I went to their cousin’s house to experience my first time of carving the pumpkin. Surprisingly, the pumpkin was harder to be carved than I'd imagined. Finally, I finished carving an adorable bat on it. It was an unforgettable night that I wished to experience it again in the near future.
The next day after school, I went to a restaurant to have supper, and it was so cool that they had an art activity there. We made our own wooden sign and had beautiful colors on it. I chose a quote written, “Everything’s gonna be alright”. The reason why I chose this quote to make is that I overthink and get nervous often, so I want to have a reminder to make me feel calmer every time I get stressed. I was so blissful that the color I painted turned out pretty stunning. I am so grateful to have the chance to experience all of these and have so many friendly friends, family, and teachers helping me every day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Stepped onto This Journey?

Remembrance Day in Canada